1. Lay the cable chain on the ground next to the tire. The open side of the cross member hook must be facing up and the end hooks facing towards the front of the vehicle.
2. Next, drape the tire chain over the tire. Drive forward one half tire revolution.
3. Reach to the back of the tire and fasten the inside end hook.
4. Attach any excess side cable into the metal clip.
5. Next, take hold of the outside cable with both hands and pull it towards you.
6. Hand tighten the cable and fasten.
7. Attach the excess side cable into the metal clip.
8. Drive forward one car length. Check the chain and hand tighten again if possible; repeat this process to ensure chains remain as tight as possible