1. Lay the link chain out on the ground next to the tire. Unroll it with the open side of the cross member hook facing up and the large lever end. fastener to the outside, furthest from the tire.
2. Untangle any twists in the chain. Next, drape the tire chain over the tire with the long lever fastener on the outside of the tire. Drive forward ¼ of a tire revolution.
3. Reach to back of tire and fasten the inside hook end to the tail link.
4. Thread the fastener thru the tail link after pulling chain tight. If extra tail links, thread onto fastener as well.
5. Hand tighten the fastener and secure to the side rail. Cut or wire up any excess tail Links if needed.
6. Drive forward one car length, then check the chain and hand tighten again if needed and/or possible. Repeat this step to ensure chains remain tight.