1. Install tire chains in a safe place. Park vehicle away from traffic. Set parking brake and turn off emgine. Remove chains from bag. Lay chains out flat and remove any tangles or twists.
2. Drape tire chains over the drive axle tire w/the curve side of cross chain hooks facing away from the tire side wall. Side chains with hooks to the inside of the tire, side chains w/lever fastner or cams to the outside of the tire. Position the first cross chain under the tire as much as possible keeping the cross chain centered to the tire.
3. Move vehicle over the tire chain until second cross chain passes under tire. Reset parking brake and turn off the engine. Connect the inside hook to the opposite end of inside side chain.
4. Connect the outside hook or lever fastner to the opposite end of the outside side chain.
5. Make chain as tight as possible by adjusting inside and outside fastners as required.
6. Tighten as many CAM’s as possible.
7. Secure unused portion of tail to side chain (i.e. wire tie/plastic zip tie) or or cut off. LOOSE TAILS WILL DAMAGE VEHICLE.
8. Travel a short distance and re-tighten chains if needed.